Commemorative Brick Pathways Order Form - Click HERE

DR. CHARLES CAPLES HOUSE RESTORATION
150 YEARS OF HISTORY, 1870-2020

The Caples House Museum is located in Columbia City, Oregon. Perched on a hillside above the Columbia River, the historic home of the Caples Family is a time-capsule in history. There is a tool shed, Knapp Center & Children's Museum. Have your wedding, retreat, conference or party in this private and historic setting overlooking the magnificent and mighty river!

Mailing Address:
Caples House Museum Complex
PO Box 263
Columbia City, OR 97018-0263

Physical Address: 1925 First Street | Columbia City, OR 97018


The Knapp Center - site of many community events.
Museum Hours - March 1 through October 31

Friday 11 am - 4 pm
Saturday 11 am - 3 pm
Sunday 1 pm - 3 pm

November 1 through February 28 by appointment

Caples House is currently closed and adhering to all
state mandates and capacity limitations. Masks will
be required at all times to visit the museums and
guests will need to practice 6-ft distancing.

Please check back often for updates
or call (503) 397-5390.

Tours and events any day or time are by appointment. Call Museum Coordinator - 503-397-5390 - Or email - Click HERE

After many years of visitors driving around the block to find the Museum, a tall, grand sign was placed at the southwest corner of the museum grounds in the spring of 2015.

Completely funded by designated donations, it not only provides highly improved visibility but also enhances the Victorian style of historic preservation found throughout the grounds.


Caples House is owned and maintained by the Oregon State Society of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution. 
The content contained herein does not necessarily represent the position of the NSDAR. Hyperlinks toother
sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.
© 2008 Caples House Museum     All Rights Reserved     Teresa Kasner, Webmaster